Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Maybelline seashore frost eyeshadow- Review & Swatch

Hi lovelies,

So what's going on...Yee very happy and exited about the CWG being held in New Delhi this year....I'll surely go there and is anyone else also going.....Hope we'll meet each other!!He He!

Anyways yesterday i went to shop a lil(yeah not much) and I got two three things out of which one was a Maybelline eyeshadow set- Seashore frosts shades.

It consists of four shades plus two applicators. I've got two three more Maybelline shadows which weren't that nice so I hesitated a little before buying this one...But the shades attracted me so I did get it. This is kind of a full eye makeup set...OK let's go on.

1. The first one is meant for the lid and. It is blue with a slight tinch of purple in it. I really like this shade coz it's quite pigmented and shows up well. You can get a subtle look on using this. It's good so i would give it a like.


2. The second one is for the crease, pinkish purple or better say mauve in color. Not as pigmented as the first one. Applying this along with the blue one gives a casual look. I like this color..Dull purple.So this deserves a like and even a bit of dislike.


3. The third one meant for the brow bone is not shimmery but matte in nature. Baby pink in color,it is not as pigmented as the rest and I literally have to dig it out a little to show it up.....Applying these three you get a classic look. Sounds interesting!!! I don't like it much so in my opinion it gets a dislike.


4. This last one is a sea green shade and I love this one as it is nicely pigmented, shows up, shimmery.....So a like. Applying all these in their respective places you get a dramatic look...Hmm let's try that too.

The two applicators are comfortable to use.

I love the packaging.

It cost me only Rs 240($5.25 approx.) which is very reasonable coz the shades in it are the ones which we quite often require.

here are the swatches( My silly camera is not working well so the shades are looking very dull which they are not)

So overall this set did not disappoint me and I'm really eager to try on the looks which I'll surely share with you guys....Ah love this world of blogging!!!

So ladies has anyone else also tried this....If yes which other shades do you have???Which shades out of these do you like or dislike??? Take care and goodbye for now.

SHARE:

42 comments

  1. heyyyyyyyyy i have it. and meeeee likey likey. its amazing colors at affordable price :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the four looks great..reminds me of body shop shimmer cubes...

    i can not go to CWG but if you meet Mr Kalamadi then tell him that if games do not succeed we will kill you eating up so much of country money :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful palette..I like e colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard really great things about Maybelline quads. So many people rave about the "Natural Smokes" quad b/c it's great e/s and also for filling in brows. I want to buy it ^_^.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this quad too, but I didn't get it. I don't know why, but every maybelline quad has atleast 1 colour that is too light and chalky!

    But I can't wait to see you do a look with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely! I have Chai Latte & Time for Wine quads from this range. They are nice, but I wish they had better pigmentation. They don't show up well without a primer..

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks good. I am always wary of maybelline as I have never had a good experience with their stuff yet.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indianmakeupways: Yeah you are right.
    @Anamika: Thanx and yes for sure.
    @sharon:thanks sweetie.
    @WeLcOmE tO gEe's WoRld:Hey i'll try those also and thanx a lot.
    @Poohkie: Hey you are right, Sure I'll show up soon.
    @Tanveer: Hey i'll try those also. Guess you are very much right...Sad thing I'm without a primer these days. Can you suggest any?
    Georgia: Yeah me too.Anyways thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the sea green of the last shade very much, I find colours like this beautiful, but they tend to look a bit insipid on me - will you do an FOTD with them at all? Thanks for the post. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awhhhh.. I love pastel soft colors! (: But I'm a make-up dummy, so I don't even have this sort of palette! Maybe you can post tips on applying them next time?

    Have a good one, darl (:

    Sanny's Head to Heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours are great! I like the blue and the green (^_^)

    http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all very pretty. I love the name of the palette too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never used maybelline shadows, the colors look pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the colors look great!! would u be able to post some pictures of u wearing them?? i really wanna see =))

    rinz @ miss-rinrin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. @LIpstickmama,Sanny,Rinz- Yeah sure ladies.i'il do it soon.
    @Becky, bollywoodstylediaries, Jadore, Ansa- Thanks a lot ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rakshanda..

    Saw your query on my blog..In fact I didnt understand what you said..Following a blog is by clicking on the "Follow" button on the sidebar..Just like you have a followers column in your blog, there is one in mine too..Please do check it out..Hope it helps..

    ReplyDelete
  18. these colors look amazing :)

    x Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey, this looks nice. I like all the colors

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. this looks like a lovely palette! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome :) The last colour is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty shades! I love to carry with me quad eyeshadow palettes while I'm travelling, so convenient to have four shades in a single case, saves a lot of space and time to apply eye makeup on the go xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello I just wanted to stop by and let you know I am follow you back. Have a great day!

    http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello, darling!

    I am sooo jealous you're going to the CWGs! I'm just watching the opening ceremony, it's breath taking! I wish I was in Delhi right now! :(

    I've not tried this quad, I'm not sure I've seen this in store. Love the look of it though. Why not do a face of the day using it and do a blogpost on it? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww thank you <3 i hope the YSL mascara is available in india, if not i can give you the ebay link :)

    x Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. i love that eyeshadow! so pretty! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice colors!

    thanks for your sweet comment!!
    xx

    www.bangeli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. hey dear thanku so much for all the lovely comments :)

    this looks great!! can't make out much pigmentation though but i guess it might be the lightning fault or something.

    lucky you get to be at CWG's :) my bf's really good friend is representing the swimming team. I wish i could see him compete live !!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely blog, I'm following u now.
    Please check out mine and if you like it then plz follow back.

    http://crazypoplock.blogspot.com/

    Xoxo,
    A.B.P

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely blog, I'm following u now.
    Please check out mine and if you like it then plz follow back.

    http://crazypoplock.blogspot.com/

    Xoxo,
    A.B.P

    ReplyDelete
  31. hey.. :) thanks for being so nice!! :D
    i like the colours.. :)
    and have super fun at the CWG!! :D
    oh and following you too.. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  32. love the colors!


    www.morthcil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. nice review, love your blog :)
    XO
    Lara
    ineedanewoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such pretty pastel colours:)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. They look so pretty! I have yet to embrace bolder eyeshadows, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ooh! I debated getting this one but didn't end up doing it. I'm happy to see the pigmentation is decent.

    'Tinch!' Hee hee, I love that word! XD

    I'm actually working on a post with swatches of all my Maybelline quads! ^_^ If I were to suggest any more, I'd say get any of the 'Smokes' series! They are seriously fabulous. Did you know Maybelline reformulated their shadows? The older ones I have are full of the suck, too, but the newer ones are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks dear for your sweet comment.love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I haven't tried this palette but the colors look so lush and pretty :)

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig