Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Maybelline shadow stylist- Review and swatches

Hi lovely ladies,

The year is coming to an end. So what are your New Year resolutions for 2011? I haven't made any because I know that I'll never follow them. he he!! Anyways wish everyone all the best for an amazing New Year!!! Enjoy<3

So today I'm reviewing Maybelline Shadow Stylist loose powder 620 Contemporary white.

I bought it on my trip to Delhi. I wanted some unique product for my eyes, when i saw this the bell rang in my mind. I love silver shade and always look for it in different brands so without wasting my time I bought it.


The Maybelline Shadow Stylist is loose powder eye shadow in a bottle with a sponge tip applicator. I bought it in white pearl shade, the price of this product is Rs 325.


Directions for use:

* Shake package. Tap off excess powder.
* Use the unique sponge tip applicator to apply one layer to your eyelids for a basic look.
* Apply more pressure during application for more color and intensity.
* To further intensify the look, add lighter shades to highlight and darker shades to contour your eyes.

Why I love this product:

It is unique in many ways.

The packaging is lovely like a nail polish or eyeliner and is very cute.

Very easy to keep it in my purse or vanity case. Very comfortable in applying on my lids.

One coat is enough for getting a natural pearl shade.

Amazing blending by its applicator. After one coat, my lids look bright and even. It can be applied on the brow bone for highlighting.

It evens out my lid colour.

It can be mixed with other dark shades too to create a party style look.
.
This shimmer shadow so beautifully decorates the eyes with it's shimmery effect.

Glides on so easily and covers the whole of the lid in 1 or 2 swipes...Isn't that amazing! I've used many Maybelline shadows and none of them were very pigmented or shimmery but this loose powder is really amazing. Well done Maybelline:))

I'll surely get some other shades too like black, green, brown, blue etc.

Cons-

The quantity is really less.

Here is the swatch. Only 2 swipes without any base-


Anyways it is a lovely product so I'm satisfied.

So ladies hope you liked this product because I surely did! Have you tried any other shades? What do you think?
SHARE:

26 comments

  1. Looks lovely. What other shades do they have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nice review...Totally agree with you. I have used dark pink/mauve shade in this one and totally liked it coz of ease in using it. And its good if you are short of time :)
    And...Happy New Year to u too (in adv )

    Cheers,
    Prachi

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really seems pigmented base on the pics, this looks like a great product to try. Thanks for sharing this:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ ladylavendersays- They have neutrals which include black, white,peach and grey.There are also browns, pink, blue,berry, green and violet.

    @ Prachi- Thanks...yeah it's really nice. Happy New Year in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MINAKICHU- it's very very pigmented honey...of course you should try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks nice. Max Factor has a similar product! :) A lot of lovely colors on both brands.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dis looks gud as a highlighter..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely shade and interesting product. I wanted thsi in black but wan't sure about my little eyes , if they would look good on me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried Oriflame Loose E/S in a similar packaging. Love it so much :) Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great review,looks nice&e shade is so pretty&pigmented,would love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Sher- Yeah you should check it out!

    @ beautydiva- Really? I'll check it out too:)

    @ Nivedita- Thanks!! Your eyes are really cute and I'm sure it'll look nice:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @bhumika- Yeah!

    @ L- Yeah I've seen it in Max Factor too. Have you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so pigmented - very nice prdt. Thnks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have tried this and ended up returning it !! =( i wish i could love this since it's an amazing idea but oh well

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the lovely comment on my wall, your too sweet!! I love your blog, you give great reviews. Thanks for shearing, love Sia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a good one! Would love to try a green one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year to you too, sweets! thats a lovely silver shadow indeed! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heya hun, thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my bloggy! :) This looks like a lovely product, I actually think I may already have something similar from Benefit? Although with mine there's quite a lot of fallout, do you find that with this one? Great review!

    Aysh xoxo

    trulymadlybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. looks really nice.. i might just grab one
    btw, Happy New Year hun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy new year! hope u had a lovely time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you ladies!! Happy New Year to you too:D

    @ Aysh- Yeah even this has a bit fallout but not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks lovely, I always find that white shadows make my eyes stand out really well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year beauty.
    That's a beautiful shadow, think I should give it a try.
    Best wishes for 2011.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Rakshanda..2011 Happy New Year!.kısses lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Caz- Then you should surly check this one out!!

    @ Anna, Moda- Thank you...Same to you:))love love<3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for the review; that sounds good!

    I wish you a happy new year! May all your dreams and wishes come true.

    Britta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!

© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig