Indian Beauty & Fashion Blogger

Monday, March 21, 2011

Lotus herbals Safe Sun gel sunscreen-review and photos

Hi ladies,

The summers have started to settle themselves in many parts of India and now it’s time that we start using a lot of our sunscreens whenever we go out. Isn’t it?

Since the last 2-3 years I’ve stuck to only one sunscreen and that is from Lotus herbals. I’ve been using 3-in-1 matte look Sunblock but this time thought of trying out this Sunscreen gel with SPF 20.




What it claims:

This revolutionary oil-free sunscreen gel, made with extracts of babchi seed, sea weed, aloe and other aquatic plants, is ideal for oily skin especially in hot and humid weather. May be used on all parts of the body.

Key ingredients:
Phenyl Banzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Babchi Seed extract.

How to use:

Apply on cleansed face before going out door. Repeat application every time your skin is exposed to sun. For best results use with Safe Sun Sunscreen Face Wash Gel.

My experience:

I’ve been using the matte look sunblock since long so this time thought of trying out this gel one. I experience a normal-combination skin type during summers and monsoons and so picked this one as it claims to be for oily and normal skin type. I’m almost done with this bottle and finally I must say that it is quite an impressive product.

The packaging:

It comes in a transparent plastic pump up bottle which is very convenient in use and the contents inside looks like an orange marmalade :D .

Price: Rs 175-200 for 100gm

Pros :) :

This sunscreen is not at all sticky and perfect for summers.

Oil free and light.

It’s quite thick and so very little amount is required.

The packaging is very comfortable coz it’s a pump out bottle.

Quite moisturizing, so skipping the moisturizer will also do.

Gets absorbed in the skin quickly and is not greasy.

It’s a herbal product so will surely have no side effects.

Best for oily to normal skin type but even people with dry skin can use it sometimes but with a moisturizer.

Cons :( :

It’s a bit drying sometimes and not good for dry skin but as I’ve mentioned above they can also use it with a good moisturizer.

The SPF is quite low…only 20 :( so you can’t go out into the sun for a very long time after using it. For that you will have to apply it again and again after a 3-4 hrs.

So overall I can say that I’m satisfied with this product but I won’t use it in winters. At that time I use the matte look sunblock which is the best sunscreen that I’ve ever used.

Rating: :) :) :) :) /5

Will I repurchase it- Yes, but only during summers.

Will I recommend it- Yes, it’s very good for oily and combination skin type.

So this was today’s review. Hope it helped :D Have a great week!!

xoxo Rakhshanda

SHARE:
© Chamber of beauty

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig